Visa Photo Requirement in United Kingdom
One is required to provide two identical photographs and must follow certain specifications.
Basic requirements of the photographs:
- The photograph should be colored and 2 inch x 2 inch size.
- The photo-print should be clear and with a continuous – tone quality.
- The photograph should have full face, front view, eyes open.
- Photo should present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
- Centre head within frame.
- The background should be plain and light colored.
- There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or background.
- Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons but the face must not be covered by these head-gears.
- The expression should look natural.
- Retouch or photo enhancement must not be used.
- High resolution photography and printing are strongly recommended.
- Both conventional and digital photography are acceptable.
- Color should reproduce natural skin tones.
- Eyes should not be covered by using dark glasses or goggles.