Student Visa Duration in Canada
Foreign or exchange students require visa for their stay in Canada to continue their studies and the programs they have enrolled into.
- There is a single entry visa and this visa allows repeat entries from the U K or Miquelon and Saint Pierre as long as the stay is intended only in Canada and another territory is not visited. A single visa is valid for six months only.
- A multiple visa allows one to repeatedly visit Canada any number of times, but these visits have to be within the time of stay in the country.
- If the student is absent from classes for more than five months at a stretch, that student has to apply for a new visa.
- Public schools generally do not entertain F-1 visa holders and they have to undergo severe scrutiny.
- Students wishing to extend their stay beyond their date are required to have approval from the USCIS.